re: e500 core lacks lswi, lswx, stswi, and stswx instructions.

Matt Thomas writes:

> > On Jan 20, 2015, at 9:26 AM, matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> >> I fixed rs6000.c to not enable string instructions for NetBSD with -Os.
> >
> > doesn't that bloat code for all the other non e500 ppc users of -Os?
>
> So?  We already use a common subset of powerpc instructions for all
> platforms.
> Otherwise we wouldn't -mstrict-align since most OEA/BookE don't require
> it.
>
> Not using the string instructions is not a big deal.

i don't agree.

-Os i asking to make small binaries.  you're now avoiding them
in all cases when a large portion of users don't need this and
it bloats the binary and slows the run time.

why isn't this being part of e500 or whatever default enough?
why do we have to penalise everyone else?

.mrg.