Re: occational system lock up in 6.0_BETA and 6.99.5

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 03:49:13PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a help from powerpc kernel knowledgefuls.  My sandpoint
> NAS is known to make system lock ups under certain heavy
> loads.
>
> 1. dump(8) or fsck_ffs(8) with -X/-x filesys snapshot. WAPBL enabled.
> 2. doing powerpc GCC4.5 compilation for genautomata

As D'Arcy I had a lock up on i386 too.
In my case it is 6.0_BETA.

I do not have a backtrace because I was under X11 when I compiled
a package and the system locked up while checking the existing
files in /usr/pkg. xosview showed around 40MB/s i/o at that time.

Bernd