Port-powerpc archive

MPC824x JTAG success story

Some days ago I succeeded in using JTAG with a cheap and customized
ByteblasterMV cable and the open source software UrJTAG, to unbrick an
MPC8241 based Sandpoint NAS.

As many PowerPC CPUs use the same 16-pin JTAG/COP interface my article
might be interesting for others too, because it addresses common problems.

(Don't hesitate to tell me about any errors in the article. English is
not my native language and I'm not a hardware expert.)

Frank Wille