Re: NAS support ready for upcoming releases

Erik Fair wrote:

> 1. Are there any NAS boxes with ECC RAM subsystems?

Don't know. I didn't check yet. The boxes I have seen seem to use non-ECC
RAM.

But I know the 824x's memory interface supports ECC, and it could be useful
for a file server. So it would be strange when such a configuration doesn't
exist.

> 2. Are the portmasters committed to maintaining a list of specific
> manufacturers/models that NetBSD is known to work, and (further) a list
> of "probable" systems (because they're based on substantially the same
> hardware as the port(s) was developed on)?

A list of already supported (but mostly untested) models is on
  http://www.NetBSD.org/ports/sandpoint/

More 8241/8245-based models are listed in:
  src/sys/arch/sandpoint/README.NAS

--
Frank Wille