Re: 7447A DFS support for PowerBook G4

Hi,

This is a special feature of the 7447A called Dynamic Frequency Switching.
The 7448 even has an additional DFS4 bit to divide the frequency by 4 (are
there any popular systems equipped with 7448?).
2. What about multiple cpus? Do systems with two 7447A exist? The DFS2 bit
would have to be set for both. I don't know how do to it yet.

As far as the macppc world is concerned, there are 7447A and 7448 accelerators as well as dual processor 7447A and 7448 accelerators. I have macppc set up on a 7448 system if there's anything you'd like tested.

John