Re: pmap_bootstrap and mem_regions

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:17:49 +0100
Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> > So I would like to use the BAT-mapping in initppc() to translate
> > each configuration to a fixed mem_region start and kernel start
> > address of 0x10000000. Would that be possible?
>
> Why doesn't your bootloader derice the memory address from the
> Exec mem lists?

Reading the mem list doesn't help, because when compiling a kernel I have
to select its start address (TEXTADDR in std.amigappc). There is no address
which fits for both, CSPPC and BPPC.

So I thought about enabling the MMU early and/or doing some relocation
tricks as in port-amiga. But in the mean time I realized this cannot be
done.

Maybe it's best to end up with a GENERIC.CSPPC and GENERIC.BPPC file...

--
Frank Wille