Re: Mystery PowerPC board

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:27:19 +0200
Jochen Kunz <jkunz%unixag-kl.fh-kl.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:59:10 -0400
> Allen Briggs <briggs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > My first guess is that it's the guts of some dedicated embedded
> > system
> Seconded. Looks like a proprietary embedded controller. I.e. you will
> not be able to get any usable information about it.

The pin-assignments for the power connectors would be a start. So I could
connect to the serial port and see what happens.

Do they follow any standard which anybody has seen before? There are
three of them. I think one for 3.3V, one for 5V and one for 12V?

> If you are really curious start by disassembling the ROM.

There are two 8 MBit Flash chips below an empty ROM socket.

> > perhaps for a scanner or film processing system (see agfa.com).
> ...like a minilab or a typesetting machine or a X-ray film
> processor...

Yes, I agree that this is very likely. But with the possibility to install
4 DIMMs and lots of SCSI and network connectors it nearly looked like a
server board. ;)

--
Frank Wille