Re: MPC5200 support

Frank Wille wrote:
>On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:42:50 +0100 (BST)
>Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.demon.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

>> I have put another snapshot of my MPC5200 code onto ftp.netbsd.org.
>>
>> Path is ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/rjs/efika-20090718.tar.gz
>
>I compiled your latest patches and the kernel boots:

[snip]

>When booting with USB keyboard connected, then it is detected by the
>kernel but doesn't work. Do you know why?

My EFIKA config is missing several USB devices, I'm guessing you added
ukbd etc.

I don't have a USB keyboard so haven't tried using this. Maybe some
changes are needed to cninit_kd() in ofw_consinit.c for the Efika
device tree.

>> It still doesn't have any Bestcomm support so can't use the built in
>> ethernet controller but I'm running it multi-user using a rtk(4) PCI
>> ethernet card.

>That's great! I have to look for a network card to try it.

I guess a USB ethernet adaptor would be the other short-term solution,
then you could still use the display.

Robert Swindells