Re: standard runtime for (possible/hopeful) 64bit kernels

That sounds right.  N64 is the harder job because you have to fix all
the code that assumes sizeof(void *) == sizeof(int),

I'd say correct NetBSD apps do not have such the evil assumption since
the day when NetBSD/alpha was roled out to public ...

Given that lots of embedded apps make little use of the FPU (even if
there is one), I like O64 because it's much less work.

Um I hesitate to say in this way, it's a matter for how to reduce porting
burden of incorrectly written SW from 32bit world, isn't it?

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology