RE: Show stopper bugs for 5.0

On 20-May-2008 Michael Lorenz wrote:
> - - at least on my 2x 7400 I need additional cache flushes in ld.so,
> otherwise the CPU occasionally tries to use reloc entries not yet
> written into memory which leads to userland crashes. Doesn't seem to
> happen with 745x CPUs, others with 7400s have reported the same
> problem. I'll check if it still happens, if it does we'll need to
> think about a proper solution here.

Whats the rationale for not adding those cache flushes in?  Does it cause a
significant slowdown?  If so, how much?  Would you be willing to run a
bytebench with and without the fix and post the results?  If its a minor
slowdown, I'm inclined to just do it, maybe with an option to disable?

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/