Re: Where arch/bebox/pci/pfb.c?

On 17-May-2008 Michael Lorenz wrote:
>> And I have a new problem.  Both of the match() of vga and genfb
>> returns 1.
>> Therefore, which attaching is tried cannot be specified.  Isn't it
>> return
>> value revokable dynamic in some methods we?
>
> genfb is intended to be a catch-all fallback for graphics cards where
> we can find the framebuffer but don't have a native driver for it.
> Drivers like chipsfb, machfb etc. all return 100 they match something
> so they'd win against genfb.
>
> If vga works I'd say stick with it.

It's my understanding that the vga device driver is useless on bebox.  If you
have genfb working, is there any reason you want vga to attach?  I would think
once you have genfb working, you yank vga from the config.

From what I can tell, the vga driver is only really useful on i386/amd64.  For
all other ports, framebuffer drivers seem to be the way to go.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/