Re: New portmaster for NetBSD/ofppc

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:54:20 +0100
Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I think you mentioned Motorola Powerstack machines - what about
> Motorola Powerstack II?
ofppc, if it has OpenFirmWare. Once I got NetBSD almost to boot on these
machines, but there was a strange problem accessing PCI cards. Cards
that use only PCI IO PIO worked, but PCI MEM PIO and DMA did not. The
firmware is a bit buggy also... I think when I tried last time I was not
able to get the kernel running. Some problem with kernel <=> firmware
interaction.

It may be fairly simple to get this machines supported. They may need a
quirk here and there because of the buggy firmware. The hardware is
quite ordinary: PPC604e, PReP memory map and i8259 interrupt contoller.
This is mostly a question of: A person with knowledge that has some time
to fiddle with the specialitys of this machine.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen