Subject: major number unification?
To: Michael Lorenz <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 11/28/2007 15:15:39
So.. one of the few things that keeps us from having a shared ppc userland
(completely shared) is the major numbers are all different from port to port.
Would it be possible to maybe look into unifying some of these majors into a
single majors file for all the ppc ports?

I realize there will be a bit of a flag day for some ports, but many of the
ports haven't worked in a long time anyway, so if we could do it before they
start working and getting users, it might be a good time.

macppc has the most users and history, so perhaps we base it on that one?

Tim Rightnour <>
NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: