Subject: Re: first call softintr__init()
To: None <>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 11/26/2007 20:11:43 wrote:

> Our OPENBLOCKS266 hangs up when boot time, because "struct pool
> softintr_pool" not initialized yet.  And it loops in pool_get() infinitely.
> We shall call intr_init() before call loginit().  Move to call in
> sys/arch/powerpc/ibm4xx/ibm4xx_machdep.c::ibm4xx_cpu_startup() (MI code).

- make sure which machines actually use MI ibm4xx_cpu_startup()
  (at least explora, virtex and walnut have their own cpu_startup())
- maybe it's better to ask Andrew on tech-kern when softintr
  should be initialized and when src/sys/kern/subr_log.c:loginit()
  should be called because the problem isn't powerpc specific
  (all m68k ports may have the same problem)
Izumi Tsutsui