Re: ppcoea-renovation update (hackathon6)

On May 9, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Robert Swindells wrote:

Tim Rightnour wrote:
This is a quick update of the branch status, as well as the results from the
hackathon.

1) extr_intr unification.  Mostly done.  Prep and macppc have been
converted to the new shared pic code.  Generic handlers have been
written for i8259, prepivr, and openpic.  Still remaining is
conversion of other ports.

[snip]

Even though the hackathon is officially over, the branch is still
open, and work continues.  Now that macppc and prep are mostly
converted, these can serve as examples to anyone wanting to try to
take on a port.

How is the new interrupt code designed to be used on systems that have
interrupt enables and masks split over multiple registers ?

There is an example in powerpc/marvell.

I'm converting marvell.  You can make then independent or cascade them.
For instance, I'm cascading the GPIOs off the main marvell interrupt register
which I'm treating as one 64bit register.