Subject: LIBSA bootloader in progress
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Toru Nishimura <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 05/09/2007 12:17:03
I guess many of PPC eval brd owners have been sufferred more or less
from bootloaders which do not cope well with NetBSD kernel. I'm in
the process to build LIBSA based 2nd-stage bootloader to fill the gap
to streamline initppc() and cpu_startup().
- ELF symbol table loading, no SYM_TAB_SPACE adjustment needed.
- extended bootinfo structure with many parameters to make kernel
code neutral to machine specific configuration.
- DHCP/NFS ELF kernel loading to expediate development cycle much
- do pci device emuneration and perform address space layouting.
- Sandpoint eval owners, could be benefited from it by downloading
the bootloader in S-record form to enjoy handsome NFS netboot
- U-boot owners, you could be benefited with it, by storing it into
NOR storage or tftping it in manual intervention or automatic action.
- support for i82559ER (8086.1209 rev 09), able to add others.
Any of you, in particular Sandpoint eval owner who wants to go
netboot road, please make a contact with me. I can share my code
for your need.
Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology / email@example.com