Subject: Re: IBM 43p model 150
To: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/03/2007 23:35:45
On 03-Mar-2007 Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> There are number of NetBSD ports than seems to overlap somehow in this
> area:
> - prep
> - macppc
> - ofppc
>
> Do you think either "macppc" or "ofpcc" would fit better for this
> computer ?

ofppc.  Prep runs on the model 140, but not the 150 because it's a CHRP machine.

>> I'm sure that the NetBSD/prep people would appreciate any help you could
>> give to get NetBSD running on the machine.
>
> I will gladly provide an access to this box and the serial console if
> any developper wants to work on it.  Contact me privately for this
> purpose.

I do, but I won't have time to look at it for a little while.  I also know that
someone else may currently be working on it, and might have some images you
could try out.  He is on this list, so I will let him speak for himself if he
wants to.

The 150 is on my list of machines to port to, it's just a matter of getting
through the other ones first.  It's definately worth holding onto, as we will
run on it eventually.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/