Subject: IBM 43p model 150
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/03/2007 18:36:29
Hi list,

my company was about to throw away an old IBM 43p model 150 and I
hopefully swerved it to my home instead :-).
It seems the spec are available here:
    http://www.spec.org/gpc/June99/plb/IBM/summary/IBM.001.html

Currently there is an old AIX 4.3 on it, an OS about which I don't
know anything about so I can't gather the actual informations from
the running OS.

Since it doesn't have a VGA adapter, I'm doomed to use the serial
port.  I burned prepcd-3.1.iso and inserted the CD but I see AIX
booting on the serial port.

Since I have always used x86 so far, I didn't use to these less
popular platforms.  From what I've managed to read on the archives,
NetBSD/prep is not the only platform I can use.  So I would like to
know what is the best platform to use on this particular computer.

My second question is "Will the CD image switch automatically
to the serial console ?"

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
--