Re: amigappc: random hangs during startup

Frank Wille wrote:

> [...]
> Unfortunately the kernel sometimes hangs during initppc(). Often in
> ksyms_init() or pmap_bootstrap(), but other locations were also observed.
> It nearly hangs everytime when using kernel-symbols, but also rarely
> without.
> [...]

Sorry, please ignore my instability problems. It must be something Amiga
specific or related to my custom boot loader.

After many days of senseless debugging and banging my head against the wall
I finally decided to modify the boot loader to fill the space following the
kernel with 0xdeadf00d.

Since then it is stable. And it is unstable again when I don't do it.
No idea why. But I'm happy it is not a problem in the kernel itself...

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/