Subject: Re: understanding battable
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/27/2007 23:55:45
Tim Rightnour wrote:

> On 20-Jan-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
>> I'm using custom BAT-setup code, as oea_batinit() expects to find the RAM
>> with the kernel and exception vectors at 0x00000000, which is not the
>> case here.
>
> Really??  Your exception tables don't live there?  Where do they live?

At 0xfff00000. It is the default configuration after reset, or when setting
the PSL_IP (0x40) bit in the MSR.

> As for how to debug it.. you can write a quick and dirty serial driver in
> the kernel and set it up very early in the setup process, to allow you to
> throw debug printfs around. Assuming it's dying that early.

I found an easier solution: I'm doing initmsgbuf() in initppc(), with a
fixed address I can check later.

But what I saw there was frustrating:
  "uvm_setpagesize: page size not a power of two"

Which shouldn't be, as the page size is constantly 4096. And the worst is
that it doesn't happen always. Sometimes I reach the boot-prompt... :|

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/