Re: Porting to PowerPMC-280?

Hello again,

I according to the cvs logs the marvell driver hasn't been alter since 2003... I guess I will have to do the work myself :-)

Sebastian

Am 11.01.2007 um 18:48 schrieb Sebastian Brückner:
Hi everyone,

I would like to get NetBSD working on Motorola/Force Computers PowerPMC-280 boards. They are PMC modules holding mainly a MPC7447 PowerPC G4 cpu and a Marvell Discovery II mv64360 system controller. I am quite new to NetBSD kernel hacking so no idea if this is a realistic project. At the moment I am gathering the required docs (Marvell apparently requires people to sign a NDA to get the data sheets).

I thought of using evbppc and the ev64260 board as my starting point. Is that the right(tm) choice?

Before I start digging throug the code: Does the current marvell driver support the mv64360? Is there any place where I can find that kind of info? The total lack of comments in the sources often leaves me guessing what hardware a specific driver supports.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian