Subject: Porting to PowerPMC-280?
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sebastian_Br=FCckner?= <sb@thebackend.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/11/2007 18:48:02
Hi everyone,

I would like to get NetBSD working on Motorola/Force Computers
PowerPMC-280 boards. They are PMC modules holding mainly a MPC7447
PowerPC G4 cpu and a Marvell Discovery II mv64360 system controller.
I am quite new to NetBSD kernel hacking so no idea if this is a
realistic project. At the moment I am gathering the required docs
(Marvell apparently requires people to sign a NDA to get the data
sheets).

I thought of using evbppc and the ev64260 board as my starting point.
Is that the right(tm) choice?

Before I start digging throug the code: Does the current marvell
driver support the mv64360? Is there any place where I can find that
kind of info? The total lack of comments in the sources often leaves
me guessing what hardware a specific driver supports.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian