Subject: Re: handling of firmware calls (Efika boots)
To: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
From: Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/11/2007 17:48:01
> Would it make sense to create a powerpc/52xx directory, as with ibm4xx?
> There is no 5200-support at the moment, AFAICS.

I'd recommend against 52xx... there could be many chips out there this
year which do not start with '52' or even '5' that are still broadly
compatible. Other than that... it's basically a 603e in an SoC, does it
really need it's own directory? Surely all the drivers for it (as far
as bestcomm dma, ethernet, disk etc.) will all be in different subdirs
off /usr/sys/src/dev or so anyway and not such a platform dir?

--
Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations