Subject: Re: evbppc reserved-tlb cleanup
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@dspfpga.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 09/24/2006 14:49:24
# Izumi Tsutsui 2006-09-24:
> freza@dspfpga.com wrote:
>
> > I don't have any of the affected boards to play with, so it would be
> > great to know how it works on Walnut, Explora451 and OpenBlocks.
>
> Umm, -current EXPLORA451 kernel (even without your patch) doesn't boot
> (reboot before consinit) while the latest 4.0_BETA (from releng) kernel
> works fine.

Hmm, can you try moving consinit() after TLB setup? It doesn't matter
whether you try with or without my patch. After recent mapiodev() changes,
bus_space_map() must be called after reserved TLB entries were filled
(back then, I overlooked Explora451 calls consinit() earlier than that,
sorry for breakage).

	-- Jachym