Subject: Re: NetBSD/ofppc boots multiuser on Pegasos
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jorge_Acereda_Maci=E1?= <jacereda@gmail.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/28/2006 02:18:44
Simon Burge wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jorge_Acereda_Maci=E1?= wrote:
>

>>I finally got NetBSD/ofppc to boot multiuser via NFS on a Pegasos II
>>motherboard. NFS reads are ok, but writes are broken (I suspect of a
>>firmware bug, something to do with packet size, but have to verify it).
>

> Does
>
> 	options NFS_BOOT_RWSIZE=1024
>
> help?  This can help tremendously when your ethernet driver and/or
> hardware isn't up to scratch where all the UDP retries on reads or
> writes kill NFS.

Indeed. It helps to the point that without that option it doesn't even
mount root :-)

Maybe you have a theory on what's going on. When I copy a file, what I
get on the NFS server is a file of the same size, but with chunks of
zeros interleaved, that is:

0x0000 <correct data>
0x1000 <zeros>
0x2000 <correct data>