Re: Pegasos port status

Tim Rightnour wrote:
On 17-Jul-2006 Jorge Acereda Maciá wrote:

I don't know about MorphOS, but I'm afraid we're comparing apples and oranges here. Linux just uses OF to discover devices, ofppc OTOH relies on OF for things like accessing the hard disk or the ethernet. ofppc thus needs far better OF support.

Yeah.. but the reality of the situation is that ofppc runs like a dog because
it runs purely in openfirmware.   The port was a good theory, in that one could

True, but that's not OF's fault. Forth interpreters can be damn fast. OFW also provides interrupt handling. Of course, a slow interpreter combined with polling will simly give an unusable system.

Anyway, we started with ofppc because it just seemed a good idea, from that it should be easy to progressively migrate to native drivers. I'm going to give it another try with the latest firmware and if that fails maybe it's time to take something else as a starting point.