Subject: Re: Pegasos port status
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jorge_Acereda_Maci=E1?= <jacereda@gmail.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/17/2006 13:14:51
On 17-Jul-2006 Jorge Acereda Maciá wrote:
> Anyway, we started with ofppc because it just seemed a good idea, from
> that it should be easy to progressively migrate to native drivers. I'm
> going to give it another try with the latest firmware and if that fails
> maybe it's time to take something else as a starting point.

I think the right thing to do is use the ofppc port to probe the tree, and then
write real interrupt handling code into ofppc.  Having done the interrupt code
for a similar port (prep) I can say it's probably not nearly as hard as it
sounds.

Now.. that assumes the interrupt mappings on these machines are sane, and OFW
tells us enough about the machine to set it up and whatnot.  If the machine
uses an OpenPIC or an i8259 for interrupts, it shouldn't be too hard.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/