Re: Pegasos port status

On 7/13/06, Raquel Velasco and Bill Buck
<bbrv%genesi.lu@localhost> wrote:
Hi Allen. :)

Have you seen this:

http://www.power.org/members/developers/downloads/genesi_pegasosppc

The Pegasos schematics are there for download.  You have to join as a
FREE Developer Member first, but they are there and you can get them.

<...>

Ok, hardware specs are really useful for a native port, but for NetBSD/ofppc what we really need is a compliant Open Firmware. Now, what about my petition to release SmartFirmware sources? Could you setup a repository holding those sources so that the severe problems could be fixed? Codegen released their sources with a BSD license long ago, so what's the value in keeping those closed?

I'd be glad to do some testing and bug-hunting on that, and once the OF-compliance problems are fixed, booting the ofppc port should be a piece of cake.