Subject: Re: Pegasos port status
To: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/15/2006 09:52:15
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:14:46 +0200
Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de> wrote:

> > Maybe I should mention that I have a major fsck for port-ofppc in
> > the pipeline. I removed all the platform code.
> > [...]
> Do you think it will be finished in the near future (e.g. this year ;)
> ?
I can't promise, but I hope to get to the interrupt stuff in the next
months. I have no idea how the interrupt stuff works and there is no
real documentation beside the interrupt code of other ports. Learning by
reverse engineering code can be, well, laborious and frustrating. So
this is the typical "99% of time needed to learn what has to be done and
how, and 1% of time is the actual work". (Maybe I should write a paper
about this to change this situation like I did with my device driver
writing guide.)

And there is more MD code to complete once the interrupt stuff is
done...
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen