Subject: Re: Pegasos port status
To: DataZap <az@datazap.net>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/12/2006 08:57:15
On Jul 11, 2006, at 10:25 PM, DataZap wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone is still working on porting to Pegasos. I
> have
> seen alot of posts about it, and it looks like some people have
> been able
> to get to the login, but I can't find any thing after that. Is any one
> still actively working on this?
>
> I am not a programmer, but I would really like to see what has been
> done.
> Could people who have worked on this project please send me
> whatever code
> you have? I would like to try to work on this myself.
>
> Also, I have talking to Bill from genesi-usa and he said that he would
> still like to see things move forward. It would really be good if
> we could
> get NetBSD to work on this system. Why should people running linux
> have
> all the fun?

I bought one intending to get it supported.  Except I could never get
any
technical information from Genesi about it so I went on to other things.

My questions where mostly on how the Pegasos boards used the MPP pins
on the Discovery/DiscoveryII system controller and what was attached to
each device bus and where.  There are 32 MPP pins used for inputs,
outputs,
interrupts, NMI, watchdog, timers, and other assorted purposes.  Knowing
how these pins are used is critical in writing the board dependent
support.