Re: IBM CBE simulator

In message <20060614115646.DAE02DA820%mailserver8.hushmail.com@localhost>,
nightbird@mac.
hush.com writes:
>IBM provides a simulator for the Cell Broadband Engine that runs on
>Linux (packages provided for Fedora Core). Is it possible to use
>the simulator for porting NetBSD to the Cell processor? Of course,
>you don't have the performance of a real Cell processor, but if you
>don't have access to a Cell-based machine like me, this would be a
>solution, wouldn't it? Has anybody made experience with the
>simulator?

I have a little experience with the sim, and I will be getting more as soon
as a version compatible with the 2.6.16 Linux kernels is available to me.

I would assume you could use it for porting, given that it was used for
porting Linux, and indeed, you can download the whole patch set for making
Linux run on the Cell.

-s