Subject: Re: IBM Network Station (ibmnws) users
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.org>
From: helmut <hcossmann@online.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 05/21/2006 21:04:54
I'm running netbsd 2.0.2 on a ibmnws 1000 A53, root on NFS exported
from a suse93 linux; network performance is very bad compared to the
shark running NFS netbsd 2.0.2 off the same NFS server, although the
shark has a 10mb interface only.

I'd like to turn the ibmnws into a router/firewall but I can't seem
to get the IBM Ethernet II pcmcia card to work although the bios
reports the card correctly; the card is a ne2k compatible card I've
used with netbsd 1.6 and linux 2.2 on a x86 laptob long before so
I assume the problem is not with the card itself but with getting
the pcmcia controller configured and attached.