Re: mfdcr/mtdcr

On May 9, 2006, at 6:25 PM, Jachym Holecek wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to move mfdcr()/mtdcr() macro definitions into a separate file.
Motivation:

* Currently, they're defined multiple times in include/ibm4xx/ dcr40*.h

  * For evbppc/virtex, I'd like to be able to access DCR without
    also pulling in irrelevant address definitions (DCR address
    layout is completely up to the HDL designer)

The diff below (relative to arch/powerpc/include/ibm4xx) creates dcr.h
and makes dcr40*.h use it. Other option would be to move the macros to
ibm4xx/cpu.h (the m{f,t}dcr instructions are 4xx specific).

Does it sound OK? If so, anyone wants to commit? ;-)

Sounds like a separate dcr.h isn't necessary -- is there some generic ibm4xx-specific header to put it in? Maybe powerpc/include/ibm4xx/ cpu.h ?

-- thorpej