Subject: Re: IBM405GP/GPr OPB bus_space endian (powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/opb.c)
To: None <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/13/2006 20:44:30
In article <20060313113125.CF54323402@thoreau.thistledown.com.au>
simonb@wasabisystems.com wrote:

> > IMHO, if the "gp" prefix of "gpiic" means 405GP
> > (since it's in files.ibm405gp) and gpio (which is
> > defined in files.ibm4xx) is also available on other
> > 4xx ppc processors, more generic prefix is better.
> > If gpio is available only on 405GP, the name "gpgpio"
> > seems okay but the declaration should be moved into
> > files.ibm405gp from files.ibm4xx.
>
> Other 405 processors have GPIO as well (I just checked the 405CR and
> 405EP datasheets).

Hmm, then opb (On-chip Peripheral Bus) is better?

> I'd suggest all of files.ibm405gp should really be
> in files.ibm4xx, and any gp prefixs be renamed.  I can't think of what
> to rename them too right now though :-/

I agree that files.ibm405gp should be merged into files.ibm4xx,
but it may require:
- options IBM405GP (or something) is needed to specify ibm405gp.c
  (or should it be renamed to obppci.c??)
- declaration of rtc.c should be conditional by kernel config

---
Izumi Tsutsui