Subject: Re: IBM405GP/GPr OPB bus_space endian (powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/opb.c)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/13/2006 22:31:25
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> In article <44146052.7080208@netbsd.org>
> shige@NetBSD.org wrote:
>
> > Is `gpgpio' good like as `gpiic'?
>
> IMHO, if the "gp" prefix of "gpiic" means 405GP
> (since it's in files.ibm405gp) and gpio (which is
> defined in files.ibm4xx) is also available on other
> 4xx ppc processors, more generic prefix is better.
> If gpio is available only on 405GP, the name "gpgpio"
> seems okay but the declaration should be moved into
> files.ibm405gp from files.ibm4xx.

Other 405 processors have GPIO as well (I just checked the 405CR and
405EP datasheets).  I'd suggest all of files.ibm405gp should really be
in files.ibm4xx, and any gp prefixs be renamed.  I can't think of what
to rename them too right now though :-/

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/