NetBSD on FPGA

Hi,

I'm trying to get NetBSD boot on a Xilinx FPGA board with PPC405 processor. I started my port from evbppc-port but I can't get any output on serial port when booting my netbsd image on the board.

- I got Montavista Linux to boot on the board, I know we need to generate librairies from Xilinx EDK and use them for kernel compiltation. The libairies contain the hardware configuration from FPGA (like uart base address, etc.). Do I need to setup these hardware addresses in NetBSD kernel and where do I put them in the evbppc-port sources before compiling the kernel?

- The board can boot a zImage elf file from Linux kernel compilation. Can I use directly netbsd kernel file or do I need to put the kernel in some other format?

Thanks,

Jean-Francois Boudreault
Laval University
Quebec, Canada