Subject: NetBSD on FPGA
To: None <,>
From: Jean-Francois Boudreault <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/03/2006 10:41:13

I'm trying to get NetBSD boot on a Xilinx FPGA board with PPC405
processor. I started my port from evbppc-port but I can't get any
output on serial port when booting my netbsd image on the board.

- I got Montavista Linux to boot on the board, I know we need to
generate librairies from Xilinx EDK and use them for kernel
compiltation. The libairies contain the hardware configuration from
FPGA (like uart base address, etc.). Do I need to setup these
hardware addresses in NetBSD kernel and where do I put them in the
evbppc-port sources before compiling the kernel?

- The board can boot a zImage elf file from Linux kernel compilation.
Can I use directly netbsd kernel file or do I need to put the kernel
in some other format?

Jean-Francois Boudreault
Laval University
Quebec, Canada