Re: Storing DAR (and maybe DSISR and ES) in uc_mcontext

Richard M Kreuter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to port an application from Darwin and Linux whose segfault
> handler wants to examine the contents of the DAR, but the DAR doesn't
> get stored in the native ucontext on NetBSD (it looks as though it does
> get stored in the Darwin ucontext for emulation, though).  I thought the
> patch below would do this, but it doesn't seem to work (or perhaps my
> test programs are incorrect).  In any case this patch doesn't seem to
> destabilize anything: I've been running with a kernel and userland built
> with these patches for a couple weeks.  Can anybody help me get this
> working?

Alas, that would break binary compatibility.  Older applications using
the old mcontext would break.

However, DAR will be in the siginfo and the DSISR will have been
translated into the siginfo so this really isn't needed.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt%3am-software.com@localhost
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/