L3 CacheQuestion

Mr Klos,

I came across an email to a list from you about L3 cache enabling while I was
googling on the subject.  It gave me some ideas about how to solve my problem,
but I'm not programmer or engineer so I thought I'd run it by you.  I'll
understand if this is asking too much.

I put an Apple dual 800 mhz processor from a Quicksilver into a Digital Audio
Power
Mac.   The L3 caches are not automatically enabled, which, I assume is because
the earlier computer rom or firmware doesn't do it.

In os 9 and 10.3  software from Powerlogix and Sonnet does enable the L3 cache,
but nothing I can find will do it in 10.4.

So I am trying to find software or code for Open Firmware that I can use to kick
it in while running Tiger.

I am at work so I can't tell you which G4 chips are on the board.  I have the
CHUD tools for Tiger.

Any hints would be most appreciated!

Rich Starr