Re: Which port to use?

On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:04 PM, Allen Briggs wrote:

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 02:50:17PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

I would like to port NetBSD to a new board but it seems there are
several different PowerPC ports and I am not sure which to start with.

I'd probably start with sandpoint or evbppc (which is where sandpoint is
   going as soon as I can get to it).

not prep?  i thought it was good for chrp machines?

prep would probably work, too.

prep would work if the system has the expected prep firmware. I suspect it doens't.

  I've not used it, myself.  The sandpoint
has a pluggable CPU module, but generally has a 75x or 7xxx CPU with a
107 bridge, so it's a pretty close match to what Richard outlined.

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/

-- thorpej