re: Questions about Performa 6360.

   On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 05:30:53PM +1000, pyrotek wrote:
   > Hello all,
   >
   > I have a few questions regarding this mac and NetBSD.
   >
   > 1) Are Comm Slot 2 Ethernet cards supported if so what ones or all?
   >
   > 2) Are PCI SATA cards supported or just PCI IDE cards?

   PCI SATA should work, at last the ones that also work on other big-endian
   system. Promise SATA cards works on sparc64 so they should be OK here.

actually, a "skymaster" 2 port SATA card that i puchased last
year does NOT work in my G4/733 tower.  it causes the hardware
to fail POST or something -- i don't even get to the OFW prompt.
an adaptec card based on the same chipset -- satalink 3112 --
works just fine tho.

.mrg.