Subject: fetch register contents
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Kamal R Prasad <kamalrp@networkprograms.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/21/2005 20:13:24

------------=_1111503230-19439-105

Hello,

 I want to embed asm statements in my C code to fetch register contents on
ppc 64. Can someone provide (a link to) a snippet that does just that?

The stw computes offset using a register, but I have a variable in kernel
space to which I want to transfer register contents (without disturbing
other register contents).

thanks
-kamal

Network Programs is a SEI-CMM Level 5 & ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company
The information contained in this communication (including any attachments) is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by responding to this email and delete it from your system.
Network Programs (India) Limited is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt.

------------=_1111503230-19439-105--