Re: Using SD/CF/etc. type removable FLASH ROM

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 10:54:05AM +0900, Park Chan-youn wrote:
[snip]
> In NetBSD 1.6,
> 1. Is there any filesystem that can be used for flash rom?
> 2. Is there a device driver for flash rom? If any, where can I find it?
> 3. What interface would you recommend if you can't use USB? For example,
> i2c, pci, ...
> 4. Is there some good approach that will not need any customized
> development of kernel or device driver?

Something like:
http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.14/it.A/id.294/.f

SD is a lot more tricky because the spec isn't open.  Baring USB devices
that make them look like mass storage devices, I'm not sure how easy it would
be to get that working.  MMC is a bit more "open", assuming you have the $500
they want.

--
Kentaro A. Kurahone
SIGUSR1 Research and Development