Re: IBM NetVista

At 04:32 PM 2/14/2005, you wrote:
I have some IBM Net Vista Thin Clients that have a PPC 603ev in them.
What I would like to do with them is this. I have a Super Mac S900 that
I would like to use as a terminal server. Boot the Net vista's off of
them running NetBSD. Have them use LAM/MPI to be a MPI enabled cluster.

Yes that works.

My questions are as follows. Can I compile the NetBSD 2.0, or highest
level supported by the MacPPC port, kernel to run on these machines?
Secondly will they be binary compatible with my Super Mac?

Since build the tools and a kernel for ibmnws.  It will happily
run off a macppc userland.

Getting X and all the normal user land utilities would not be an issue,
as they will be headless terminals. I know, not what they were designed
for.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt%3am-software.com@localhost
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/