Subject: IBM NetVista
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Pangrazio, Robert Thomas (UMR-Student) <rtp6xc@umr.edu>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/14/2005 18:32:56
I have some IBM Net Vista Thin Clients that have a PPC 603ev in them.
What I would like to do with them is this. I have a Super Mac S900 that
I would like to use as a terminal server. Boot the Net vista's off of
them running NetBSD. Have them use LAM/MPI to be a MPI enabled cluster.=20

My questions are as follows. Can I compile the NetBSD 2.0, or highest
level supported by the MacPPC port, kernel to run on these machines?
Secondly will they be binary compatible with my Super Mac?=20

Getting X and all the normal user land utilities would not be an issue,
as they will be headless terminals. I know, not what they were designed
for.

Thanks
Bob Pangrazio