Re: CPU specific Idle() function in locore_subr.S

Hi,

Since checking the specific CPU each time before entering power save mode
would add a lot of overhead, what about installing a CPU specific handler
that gets called to handle entering power save mode? If this meets general
approval, I don't mind trying my hand at writing it. If the idea doesn't
meet approval, I'll find a more port specific solution.

While in general this is the correct approach, the argument that "checking
the specific CPU each time before entering power save mode would add a lot
of overhead" in this specific case is rather bogus.  After all, we are about
to turn CPU activity off, so we've got all the time in the world...

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws%TooLs.DE@localhost                           Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH