Re: AMCC PowerPC

Greetings,

My ignorance with AMCC may be showing here... what is the difference
between their 405* chips and the IBM 405* versions??  Also, are folks
hunting for the docs for the 405?  A few years ago, I think I had
electronic copies of the 405 docs but no need or HW, so I filed them
away someplace on CD or 4mm DAT, and have not yet gone hunting for
them.  However, I think I saw them someplace on the IBM web sites a
few months ago.  Unfortunately, I was more interested in the 750
family at the time, and never bookmarked the page where I did find
them.  The bookmarks I did store were:

    http://www-03.ibm.com/technology/power/about.html
    http://www-03.ibm.com/chips/products/powerpc/
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-ppc/
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-powarch/#IDAY1QLB
    http://www-306.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/productfamilies/PowerPC

Oh, a quick search for 'PPC405' found this one, which I think is
identical to what I had...

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~tlan/dreambox/IBM_PPC405-Embedded_Processor_Core-UsersManual.pdf#search='PPC405'

Having a client who has products based on the PPC 405 and 750, I am
definitely in expanding into systems which run on these processors.
Unfortunately, their systems are very expensive, and so I am limited
to working remotely on systems in their lab.  However, I have been
looking for an inexpensive implementation such as the Walnut EVB, with
no success.  Your mention of being able to get a board makes me want
to know more.

Later,

- Doug

Quoting Jachym Holecek (freza%liberouter.org@localhost):

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com