Subject: Re: Remote debugging and trap_subr.S
To: Jorge Acereda <jacereda@gmail.com>
From: Derek God3 <derek0godfrey@netscape.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 12/11/2004 07:56:37
BAT registers are only used to map large sections of
physical memory or I/O space. There are now allocated
on a need-be basis (at least some are) are so gdb
would not need the current or past values. If gdb
needed to access those physical addresses, the kernel wil trap
and replace the corresponding BAT register. You can always
dump the shadow bat table if you need to debug BATS.

-Derek