Re: Pegasos port freezes at uvm_km_alloc1

At 03:02 PM 12/7/2004, Frank Wille wrote:
Matt Thomas wrote:

> > but the system freezes at the end of uvm_km_alloc1(), while trying to
> > clear the first page of kernel memory with memset().
>
> Are the L1/L2/L3 caches enabled?

I think they're not. Should I enable the L2 caches before
cpu_attach()?

BTW, where are the L1 caches enabled? I didn't find it in the
source.

It's a 750CXe system, so L3 caches will be no problem.

L1 is usually tuned on in locore before you transfer control
to initppc.

> The heavy use dcbz with caches disabled might cause that.

There is no dcbz involved. This memset() is using a simple stb.
The system already freezes when I read the first byte of the
page, instead of doing memset().

> [..SRs..]
> I would expect 5,6,7 to work fine.

Ok. Will keep them unless the problem is sorted out.

> What bats are you initializing?

oea_batinit(0) should setup a but for the first 256M of RAM.
Nothing else... I think.

That's your problem.  oea_batinit should only get I/O bats.
It'll init the BATs needed to address physical RAM (including 0)
by itself.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt%3am-software.com@localhost
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/