Looking for a consultant...

All,

We are developing a PowerPC 8248-based board that will run NetBSD for our products. One of our engineers began with the mveppc port and has had some early success. However, he is now to the point where he is encountering an error when it gets to an exec of /sbin/init - it fails with ENAMETOOLONG. The kernel is reading all values of 0xff's, which could be something simple like a missing startup call, but very likely is a symptom of the cache or virtual memory not being initialized correctly.

Since this is our first design with this processor, I am looking to find someone to verify or add an mvmeppc port for the 603e variant that's used in the 8248 core. This definitely includes a bit of assembly code in early startup (locore.S) to initialize the cache and special processor registers for NetBSD (this is normally done by the BIOS and/or standalone NetBSD bootloader code), and may require some additions to the generic OEA (60x) code in NetBSD itself.

Please contact me directly if interested.  Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Dave Hudak
---
David E. Hudak, Ph.D.   dhudak%terabeam.com@localhost